I need a fast start icone for kompoZer in the tray

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
oui

I need a fast start icone for kompoZer in the tray

Post by oui »

Today, the only one yet existent and maintained WYSYG HTML editor is the version of kompoZer being part of «Mozilla build of Seamonkey» (attention: the link will refer to sourceforge, the smudge site imposing the use of cookies!).

To open it directly, you need an extension to the starting command «-edit», see following:

Code: Select all

seamonkey -edit
how to create an icon in the tray bar opening it so?
oui

Re: I need a fast start icone for kompoZer in the tray

Post by oui »

Hi

ok, I have to admit because of the silence that it is probably not so easy to do that in LXQT and I have to renounce.

As I did explain here, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37344&p=51370#p51370 , I am using JWM as base of LXQT, and it is simple to realize it in JWM, so I will use JWM to do that :idea: . In that reply, I did copy the short /etc/jwm/system.jwmrc alt. ~/.jwmrc I am using. If you look at it you will see that I don't use actually the own tray of JWM. I did let only a tray button and it does nothing. It appears a short moment at the left top corner of screen as the tray is declared hidden, nothing more. But it is possible to add the usual buttons of JWM :idea: :

Code: Select all

<TrayButton popup="kompoZer" icon="/opt/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/editorWindow.png">exec:seamonkey -edit</TrayButton>
(Pls remember that that JWM tray is hidden: You have to hit at the top left corner of the screen to make it appearing!)
drooly

Post by drooly »

oui wrote:I have to admit because of the silence that it is probably not so easy to do that in LXQT and I have to renounce.
i think rather the opposite is the case.
i know for myself that i didn't bother responding, because it would mean giving you a step-by-step walkthrough for creating a panel launcher... :roll:
anyhow, wherever the exec line is, you just add '-edit' to it...
qed.
oui

Post by oui »

Hi Drooly

I did meet here a sympathic community supporting her lovely environment LXDE. Don't shame to give step-by-step recommendation for it to other. «oui» is my account in the most forums where 3 char names are allowed. in different other, I must change. on the French (my mother tongue) Ubuntu forum, my user name is «pasApas»... This is exactly the translation of «step-by-step» :mrgreen: .

I am a very old user of Puppy Linux as well as of SliTaz and as well as NuTyx.

At the Puppy Linux forum I did write a lot of Step-by-step documentations how to do somewhat :idea: ! It is the best way to learn by doing :roll: .

I did write a lot of step-by-step documentation in the forum of Puppy Linux, mainly in 3 tongues German/French/English, the Wiki from SliTaz (you must open the history: a good man did always amend correctly my bad English in that wiki: Only in the history you can recognize that I am the bad English (*1 writing author :lol: !).

In your above answer, I recognize no start point where I can begin to handle, sorry! Yes, I know, you didn't affirm it is step-by-step. You don't like step-by-step and find perhaps step-by-step can be an affront? It would not be right: Step-by-step is really a great help to begin somewhat!

(*1 I am French and live since 50 y. in Germany and read and write both languages really good. My mother side grand'ma whas perhaps yet English (and French) woman (from the country between Calais and Lille, where a lot of English families did live but did be soon assimilated to French families) but I did grow in East of France where the standard foreign tongues where Latin as well as German. I did never learn English, only the Odgen's BASIC English... 2 of my 3 children did learn best English in real English institutions, I not...
drooly

Post by drooly »

oui wrote:Don't shame to give step-by-step recommendation for it to other.
In your above answer, I recognize no start point where I can begin to handle, sorry! Yes, I know, you didn't affirm it is step-by-step. You don't like step-by-step and find perhaps step-by-step can be an affront? It would not be right: Step-by-step is really a great help to begin somewhat!
you are asking me in a very eloquent way to do your work for you.
i am not ashamed, i'm simply too lazy to
a) fire up a virtual machine that has lxde in it
b) create a launcher for seamonkey -edit
c) make a full rapport about it...
no.
YOU start doing, and when you get stuck, ask again.