usb webcam microphone

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
van_Zeller

usb webcam microphone

Post by van_Zeller »

Hello all,

I'm having a problem using my creative usb webcam's microphone. The webcam works fine, but I get no sound. When I was using ubuntu, I would change the sound input by going to the volume applet > sound preferences > input > choose a device for sound input > Creative VF0420 Live! Cam Vista IM.

Of course LXDE doesn't have this sound preferences, so I tried alsamixer, but at this point I'm lost and out of my depth.

Here is a screenshot of alsamixer:

There is an item (currently highlighted in red) for mic select. What does this do?

Also, if I press f6 to select sound card, the I get the blue window you can see in the center of the screenshot. But if I then select the VF0420, alsamixer goes blank and I get: "This sound device does not have any controls."

What now? Can I solve this via alsamixer? Or should I try to install something from gnome, to solve this?

Can someone help me? I need to make a skype phonecall, and I can't. Help is much appreciated.
aus9

Re: usb webcam microphone

Post by aus9 »

hi

the webcam has no sound OUT might be the reason, so when you go to F6 try tabbing to go to capture devices.

if that gives you an error....in lxterminal try this command as a local user to get to inputs

alsamixer -c 1 -V=all

where I assume internal is card 0 and usb is card 1