[Solved] Workspaces in LXDE

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
M_Mynaardt

[Solved] Workspaces in LXDE

Post by M_Mynaardt »

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how to make/change settings for the [virtual] workspaces in LXDE?

I like having 6 workspaces handy. Not that I every use that many very often, but it's nice to have...

Thanks...
Last edited by M_Mynaardt on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

LXDE is your computer's Friend!
Always trust LXDE!
Marty Jack

Re: Workspaces in LXDE

Post by Marty Jack »

Workspaces are an illusion created by the window manager. Since you do not say what your window manager is, we do not know. If it is Openbox, this setting is discussed here
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Configuration

It would be really, really nice if people would say what version of LXDE they are running and something about their distro and other software, so we don't have to ask these questions constantly.

Not to pick on you personally, but I am terminally tired of this, especially after having mentioned it so many times. I will be more scarce here in the forum from now on.
M_Mynaardt

Post by M_Mynaardt »

Marty Jack wrote:Workspaces are an illusion created by the window manager. Since you do not say what your window manager is, we do not know. If it is Openbox, this setting is discussed here
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Configuration

It would be really, really nice if people would say what version of LXDE they are running and something about their distro and other software, so we don't have to ask these questions constantly.

Not to pick on you personally, but I am terminally tired of this, especially after having mentioned it so many times. I will be more scarce here in the forum from now on.
Sorry, I should've mentioned the distros I was talking about: Mint 9 LXDE and lubuntu 10.10. I'm using both as persistent installs on USB pen-drives to give them both a test-drive sort of thing to try and get familiar-ish with LXDE.
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Always trust LXDE!
M_Mynaardt

Post by M_Mynaardt »

georgemandela wrote:The Shift modifier takes the currently focused window with you. You can use a combo of Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Right / Ctrl-Alt-Left to move back and forth taking different windows over to another workspace. I find this quicker than going for the mouse if I'm already typing.
Right on, thanks.

I'll get this LXDE business figured out sooner or later!
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Always trust LXDE!
M_Mynaardt

Post by M_Mynaardt »

nancyd589 wrote:Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here.
Hi there!

I'm still pretty new to the LXDE thing too.

But I'm learning (at least I think I am).. :shock:
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Always trust LXDE!