Unmovable windows

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
andi456

Unmovable windows

Post by andi456 »

Hi,

for some strange reason lxde refuses to work, i. e., if i start an application from the lxde menu, it is opened without any possibility to move or close the window. Windows can be resized, though. Moreover, the my mouse cursor theme seems to work only after i select the icon set in lxappearance. Distribution: gentoo, amd64 laptop, fglrx drivers, openbox as window manager. Openbox without lxde works, so it must be a problem of the lxde components that somehow interact in a wrong way. I do not find anything useful in the logs. Should i recompile lxde with debug turned on? Or can i try other things first?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
rockdoctor

Re: Unmovable windows

Post by rockdoctor »

I don't know if it will help, but you might want to compare ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and ~/.config/openbox/lxrc-rc.xml
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!
andi456

Post by andi456 »

I removed both files and started lxde, which resulted in a newly created lxde-rc.xml file. But the problem persisted.

Are there any other hints?

Regards Andreas
bradjordan111

Post by bradjordan111 »

Ahh, yes, but the problem is that some dialog boxes are always placed in the center of the screen (right under the unmovable window), and repositioning some apps does not reposition where the dialog pops up.
Litobyte Softworks [arbbot]
Architect Webware / myESQL firmware
Unity Android, Wii QA
system backup & short hair styles 2011 Developer
rockdoctor

Post by rockdoctor »

Can you use Alt-Tab to activate a different window?
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!