LXDE Main Menu, "other" Category is not in order

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Alb1

LXDE Main Menu, "other" Category is not in order

Post by Alb1 »

Hello,
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.3 + LXDE (neither Gnome nor KDE), and, after the LXDE installation I noticed that the Main Menu Category "other" contains a lot of duplicates of voices that are in other categories but even a lot of voices that cannot be found in .desktop files that are in /usr/share/applications. In fact, looking at the category "other" with LXMED, such a lot of voices are not present, but only the few ones that really you can find in the .deskop files.
I'll be grateful to you if you let me know how I can put in order the "other" category.
Best Regards
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXDE Main Menu, "other" Category is not in order

Post by Rex Bouwense »

It sounds like you installed LXDE over a Ubuntu install. Is that correct?
Rex
Alb1

Post by Alb1 »

It is correct. I made use of a server edition (Ubuntu-Server 10.04.3 LTS i386). Then I installed lxde xinit xdm xorg and other useful applications.
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

Alb1 wrote:Hello,
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.3 + LXDE (neither Gnome nor KDE), and, after the LXDE installation I noticed that the Main Menu Category "other" contains a lot of duplicates of voices that are in other categories but even a lot of voices that cannot be found in .desktop files that are in /usr/share/applications. In fact, looking at the category "other" with LXMED, such a lot of voices are not present, but only the few ones that really you can find in the .deskop files.
I'll be grateful to you if you let me know how I can put in order the "other" category.
Best Regards
Hi,

I think you mean choices? otherwise, I don't really get you?!

Are you trying to add something like "Power Management" or "Lock Screen" to your menu?
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net