lxde menu : wine entry is gone

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Bob E

Re: lxde menu : wine entry is gone

Post by Bob E »

I just looked at alacarte. It wants to load a lot more gnome stuff than I want. It's not worth it to me.
martin.new

Post by martin.new »

ok, at first it worked, i created a menu named wine, inside an icon for extractnow with theright command, worked well.

i closed alacarte, the menu was there, good.

i loged out, back in, startet alacarte again and then....well "my" wine menu was gone (in alacarte), the original wine entry was there, with all sub entrys, except that none of my installed win programs are shown, AND i cant edit anything anymore, cant make new menüs....wtf?

in the menu itself my wine entry is still there.

something very strange is going on...

i will look deeper into this later...

thanks for your help so far :)
Bob E

Post by Bob E »

Well, I did install alacarte on my Mint 11 LXDE today. The menu editor works fine, but I never had lxmed installed, so there may be some conflict with both of those running on yours.

The only thing that happened to me is it set the default DE to Gnome. A few clicks later, now I'm back to Mint LXDE as the default. (I have mine set to auto login.) It also added Gwibber but I got rid of that. Then did a sudo apt-get autoremove to clear out the other junk it installed.
seppalta

Post by seppalta »

Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I also installed Wine (1.3) and sure enough, no menu Item. I logged out and in a couple of times, even shutdown, nothing. I logged out one more time and tried "lubuntu" instead of "default". The menu item was there! I then installed my favorite old Windows program, DesignCad3D v16, and added the launcher to the Launch Bar, just in case.
Upon logging out and back in to "default" the Wine menu was there. No terminal, just messing around. The changes must have caused an update of the "default" session.

FYI: DCad works very well in Wine except that the installer must assume the mfc42.dll file to be already in the Windows\System 32 folder. I keep it stored in my Dropbox and copy to the same folder as the dcad.exe file. (Browse C Drive in Wine)

Darrell
Lubuntu 11.10, HP SlimLine,
demon36

Post by demon36 »

i know this is pretty old but i had this problem today and found a great solution,
so for anyone having this problem just install alacarte and click restore system configuration and tadaa.