Cannot log in to LXDM after update (Fedora 16)

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
mu97

Cannot log in to LXDM after update (Fedora 16)

Post by mu97 »

Something seems to be preventing my LXDM login since updating from 0.3.0-4.fc16 to 0.4.1-1.fc16, but if I create a new user, I can log in as him. I have then tried copying various config files from my home directory to his, but I cannot make his login fail like mine does. What could the updated version be doing to fail in this way?
rockdoctor

Re: Cannot log in to LXDM after update (Fedora 16)

Post by rockdoctor »

Don't know if it's related, but I had a problem with one of the betas with user UID=1000 when I tried to copy the home directory of my Fedora 16 user UID=1000 to my Fedora 17 installation. Given that it was a beta, I just installedthe next beta and had no problem. Are you using the correct password for your failing login? If you boot into runlevel 3 instead of runelvel 5, can you login as yourself?
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!
mu97

Re: Cannot log in to LXDM after update (Fedora 16)

Post by mu97 »

So there's a future version that doesn't fail? That's good enough for me. Until then I will stick with the old version, which is buggy but at least it lets me in.

Thanks for the reply. From your experience and mine, it seems that this has something to do with old config files. And yes, I can log in fine, in the old version, runlevel 3 and everything.