Newly Registered Users

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
amjjawad

Newly Registered Users

Post by amjjawad »

Dear LXDE Forum Users,

There is a new policy which has been started already to reduce and hope to end the spam era for this forum. I've been given the access to be an administrator for this site (LXDE Forum) and from now and on, any NEW USER who would like to register, he/she will be, by default in a new group called: Newly Registered Users. There will be certain rules for this group which will help to reduce and hopefully end the spam waves on this site.

Further more, from now and on, I will monitor each and every single register request to this site.

This my look a bit hard for new comers but we must protect this site from spammers.

I will keep looking into the options and whatever will help to reduce spammers and spam, be sure I will not think twice ;)

Example:
The account owned by "hbrown03" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and handle it appropriately.
Starting from today, I will receive each registration request by Email and New Users will be monitored to make sure they are NOT spammers and when the will pass certain rules I have created last night, they will be Registered Users :)

Thank you!
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net