lock screen when screensaver kicks in?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
michiganitis

lock screen when screensaver kicks in?

Post by michiganitis »

Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I just downloaded the LXDE desktop environment. So far, everything seems fine except one thing. I'd like to configure it so that once the screensaver kicks on, it requires the user to enter their password to get back into the desktop. I went into the screensaver settings and checked the box that says lock. But it does nothing!

Any help?

Thanks!
Rex Bouwense

Re: lock screen when screensaver kicks in?

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forums. You went to the correct place to change you options. I do not remember if you have to reboot or log out for the new settings to take place. Have you done that?
Rex
michiganitis

Post by michiganitis »

Rex Bouwense wrote:Welcome to the lxde forums. You went to the correct place to change you options. I do not remember if you have to reboot or log out for the new settings to take place. Have you done that?
Yup, tried logging out and logging back in at first. Checked settings to make sure they took. Still does not lock. So then I tried rebooting. Still no luck. :(
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

OK. Something is wrong. I just went to my screen saver (Xscreensaver 5.15) and set it to lock 1 minute after the screen saver is acvivated. Works like a charm and I didn't have to log out and back in or reboot. Have you installed all of the updates?
I am using Lubuntu 12.10 but since you downloaded and installed the latest lxde, you should have the same stuff that I do. Do you still have the Ubuntu stuff installed or are you running pure lxde?
Rex
michiganitis

Post by michiganitis »

Rex Bouwense wrote:OK. Something is wrong. I just went to my screen saver (Xscreensaver 5.15) and set it to lock 1 minute after the screen saver is acvivated. Works like a charm and I didn't have to log out and back in or reboot. Have you installed all of the updates?
I am using Lubuntu 12.10 but since you downloaded and installed the latest lxde, you should have the same stuff that I do. Do you still have the Ubuntu stuff installed or are you running pure lxde?
All updates installed. I'm still running Ubuntu I think with LXDE as my desktop environment.
amjjawad

Post by amjjawad »

michiganitis wrote:
Rex Bouwense wrote:OK. Something is wrong. I just went to my screen saver (Xscreensaver 5.15) and set it to lock 1 minute after the screen saver is acvivated. Works like a charm and I didn't have to log out and back in or reboot. Have you installed all of the updates?
All updates installed. I'm still running Ubuntu I think with LXDE as my desktop environment.
Hello and Welcome :)

You need to be sure that you are using the LXDE Session or Lubuntu Session.
To begin with, how did you install that?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
Feel Free to contact me: http://amjjawad.net