Restoring small icons on Desktop

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
vepaa

Restoring small icons on Desktop

Post by vepaa »

Hi,

After some sort of a crash in application Kdenlive, the icons on Lubuntu desktop turned big. I cannot find any setting to restore their small size. It is also unclear which application manages the Desktop view: Is it pcmanfm or openbox or which one? A right-click on desktop enables opening "Desktop Settings" but there is nothing appropriate there.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Vesa
Rex Bouwense

Re: Restoring small icons on Desktop

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. I believe what you are looking for can be found in the following.
Open PCManFM and then choose Edit->Preference->Display. You can change the size of your icons there.
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

vepaa wrote:After some sort of a crash in application Kdenlive
kde applications don't play nicely with other desktop environments, and i suspect your large icons are only the tip of the iceberg.
maybe kde has even replaced pcmanfm as the desktop manager...
vepaa

Post by vepaa »

Thanks for the help and for the welcome!

It turned out that the setting for the size of large icons in the Edit->Preference->Display menu also controls the size of the desktop icons (in this default configuration for Lubuntu at leasat). And I also realized that Kdenlive is in fact not to blame in this case but it was the attempt to view the thumbnails of photos and videos in larger size in a folder listing that caused also the desktop icons to "bloat".

Vesa