Wrong font/icons with some software

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
DL7BJ

Wrong font/icons with some software

Post by DL7BJ »

Hi,

I changed the appearance of LXDE on a Raspberry 3. I use another font, but this font is ignored by some programs:

- Epiphany use an own font for the search/URL input and status line
- gcalculator use another font for menu entries.
- PiPackages use for all text another font
- Texmaker use for the menu another font
- Dock (shows only big icons in menu)

Also there is problem with some icons on buttons. I attached two screenshots of Epiphany as example.

It seems, that some GTK/Gnome software don't use the right font. I try to set the font also with the gnome-tweak-tool, but no changes.
Is that a problem of these programs or could I correct some settings? Is there a global setting for GTK/Gnome fonts and icons sizes?
I don't want to install the complete Gnome packages, but if there are some settings in config files, I like the vi ;-)

Thanks, Tom
Attachments
Big button with wrong sized icon, the folder list on click uses also this big folder icon.
Big button with wrong sized icon, the folder list on click uses also this big folder icon.
epiphany-prefs.png (38.36 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
epiphany-search-input.png
Wrong font in search / URL input line
(14.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
drooly

Re: Wrong font/icons with some software

Post by drooly »

- HOW did you "change" the fonts? which fonts? how are they installed?
- can you find out if this is a gtk2 vs gtk3 issue? in other words, can you find out if the apps affected are either all gtk3 or all gtk2?
- keep in mind that both installation and simple changing of fonts may require a logout/in.