5 x failures

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
PolyHive

5 x failures

Post by PolyHive »

Tried to install five times this evening and each time it crapped out at the boot load point. Now I downloaded four times, installed three different burners and used fresh discs so what would cause this problem?

PH
Rex Bouwense

Re: 5 x failures

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. While it doesn't sound like an LXDE problem, I would suggest that you check the md5Sum of your download. Also try burning the ISO at the lowest speed possible. If you continue to have a problem and your machine will boot from a USB flash drive try creating a bootable flash drive and install from that. Out of curiosity what distro are you trying to install.
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

PolyHive wrote:Tried to install five times
install what?
lxde is not a distro.
each time it crapped out at the boot load point.
that's a somewhat unprecise description to put it mildly.
Now I downloaded four times, installed three different burners and used fresh discs so what would cause this problem?
again, which distro, have you tried other distros just to narrow down the source of the problem, can you use usb?

please try to describe your problem better if you want help, or are you just here to vent your frustration?
supergirl

Post by supergirl »

Hi drooly,

I have a similar problem with a Certain new Hard drive!!!

try to install & it just stops. All distros maybe 5 or 6 tries I think its a bad Hd....

I thought it best to just pull the Windows out so I could pop it back in if I ever sell it

that drive was too small for my taste anyways.

I dont know if this is your problem or not.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forum supergirl. LXDE is not a distro. It stands for Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment and as such it of course has its own problems. Since we are not a busy forum we do occasionally provide assistance to individuals whose problem or question is not really related to the desktop environment. However, you like the original poster, have given us nothing to work with. We would only be guessing at a solution. For instance is your machine a relatively new one in which case it would be using UEFI instead of BIOS. Did you "take the distro for a walk" try it in a live mode before you attempted to install it? If you did did everything work? What is the distro you are trying to install? What are the specifications of your computer? Did you check the MD5Sum of your download? LXDE rarely probibits an installation process.
Rex