LXQt suggestions and one question

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
fulalas

LXQt suggestions and one question

Post by fulalas »

Hello! I would like to thank you for this wonderful work with LXQt. It's really an amazing and fast DE. I would like to make a few suggestions and one question :)

Suggestions:
- Put a small '+' icon over the file icon when dragging it with CTRL pressed, indicating that we're copying rather than moving;
- Inside lximage-qt create some keyboard shortcuts, like for example: Esc -> exit; h -> flip horizontally; r -> rotate clockwise, l -> rotate counter clockwise, space -> next image, backspace -> previous image, etc.
- inside lximage-qt allow user to hide toolbar through menu and keep this setting after closing lximage-qt;
- Create ALT+F4 shortcut on Desktop that calls leave session;
- After opening 'File Associations' dialog, put focus on the text box so users don't have to mouse click before searching;
- Create ALT+TAB+SHIFT to cycle backwards through opened apps;
- When changing pcmanfm-qt 'Default view mode', inside 'Preferences', change the current view instantly -- today we have to change a folder in order to see the changing;
- Inside pcmanfm-qt if you type the key equivalent to the mouse right click, the context menu appears aligned to the mouse cursor current position instead of where the file selection is;
- Inside pcmanfm-qt allow mouse side buttons only to go back or forward, never to pick a file. Today it's easy to mess with files/folders because of that;
- Inside pcmanfm-qt make 'Show hidden' settings to persist without having to edit settings.conf;
- Desktop file arrangement isn't very flexible, I think. It seems that it's always on 'auto arrange' once each new file is automatically sorted along with previous files. This is pretty annoying when you extract a file inside desktop and, expecting to see the extracted files in the last position, you get it between old files. Maybe an option to sort by last access...

Question:
How do I change file associations? 'File Associations' dialog doesn't seem to work so I'm struggled with mimetypes and the solution up to this moment is to manually edit /usr/local/share/applications/defaults.list. But some things don't work, like for example: .m3u files don't open any app even though Qmmp is assigned to do that; magnet links doesn't call Transmission but opens a new tab on Opera (you can reproduce that by calling 'xdg-open magnet:'); 'open folder' inside Transmission opens Qmmp instead of pcmanfm-qt, and so on. Also, after running update-desktop-database and updating system caches, mimeinfo.cache inside /usr/share/applications doesn't respect what I put inside /usr/local/share/applications/defaults.list. I'm very confused with this LXQt section :cry:

Thanks!
Rex Bouwense

Re: LXQt suggestions and one question

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. If you have suggestions to improve LXDE or LXQT please refer to the announcement at the beginning of this section. The developers very rarely read or even sign in to the forum so anything that you say here is probably lost to them. The people that sign in are all volunteers and will assist you with any problem that you might have with LXDE.
Rex
drooly

Re: LXQt suggestions and one question

Post by drooly »

fulalas wrote:Question:
How do I change file associations?
right-click on the file in question => properties => open with => dropdown menu