start script

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
oui

start script

Post by oui »

I need a start script.

Is that possible in LXQT and how to register it in the start procedure?
drooly

Re: start script

Post by drooly »

do you have the script?

dig in the menu, there must be a startup applications or autostart utility somewhere.
(Preferences => Default Applications for LXSession => Autostart => Add)
you can point that at your script.
oui

Re: start script

Post by oui »

Yes, the script is actually part of my .jwmrc :mrgreen: (jwm is fun! it soooooooooooooo good! in only less than 200 kB !):

Code: Select all

<StartupCommand>
        <!-- xli -onroot -fillscreen /home/f/.images/default.jpeg &
        setxkbmap us intl
	skype-->
        pasystray
        cd ~/
        rm -rf ~/.mozilla
        cp -a ~/.mysettings/.mozilla ~/
    </StartupCommand>
the most IMPORTANT thing is to erase each restart ~/.mozilla :idea: !

as mozilla is a totally indiscret browser system: the user can itself erase nothing AS HE WILL from the private data, but a trojan can copy the ~/.mozilla subdirectory an get ALL PRIVATE DATA of the legitim user.

so I can make myself a mixture of just the necessary of data (logins, not sensible passwords etc.) in ~/.mysettings/.mozilla and start each day only with that mixture! nobody can capt other data entered yesterday or the day before yesterday. and I can use the best but completely indiscret browser without some regret: mozilla was and is the most efficient browser (but xombrero can replace it immediately! the ubuntu version of xombrero is very good now! it is the standard browser of Lubuntu minimal and I hope it stay so...)

Qupzilla?

Lxqt did install Qupzilla. But, ooooooooooooooooooooooh terror, the old version :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

And it uses gnome utilities :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I install a Qt friendly system and it install me again new libraries from the silly dilly scene gnome :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hurrah it was exactly the opposite of my wishes :o

If Qupzilla, ok, but only VERSION 2 and greater :?