the background picture did desappear

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
oui

the background picture did desappear

Post by oui »

Hi

I did have to much difficulties in 17.04 (I know, it is a developement version, but I have more difficulties in 16.04 and it is an LTS already in the first .1 reactualisation :lol: !) so I did erase 16.04.1 and install today Debian 9 RC2.

It works pretty, after a few hours. Installations methode: netinstall with the mini iso 300 MB burn on CD, CD restart in graphic expert installation, installation with more than one language environment (en-GB, de, fr, hi, ko, ta) until tasksel,

in tasksel no lxqt to find

also did I let only

- web, print, ssh server
- portable computer as I use a laptop

demark the proposed Debian environment :roll:

execute tasksel and finish installation.

restart

Code: Select all

apt install clex links2 menu 9menu
apt install xorg ratpoison jwm lxqt rox-filer grun xfce4-appfinder
apt install leafpad vim-athena abiword sc mtpaint darktable simplescan gocr luakit cheese clementine mhwaveedit
(sc, the venerable Sheet calculator in command line is enough for me, why all the cow if a glas milk is enough?)

that are my commons

and

Code: Select all

apt install gramps merkaartor marble-qt rosegarden jre yap gforth valac apt-build debootstrap ibus ibus-hangul
apt install winetricks q4wine playonlinux aqemu
flashplayer and flashplayer-extra-sound did not install properly. I did simplify my job copying the flashplugin.so from my Kubuntu17.04 into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugin. the modest luakit works perfectly with that...

I did add with dpkg -i a *.deb version of dropbox disponible on my harddisk but can't already test it because I did forget my password :o

an I will install skype tomorrow.

I did try to install the old version from kompozer with the adequate old libraries. no way (it did continue to work in 16.04!). same thing with xvidcap. they are immens looses... the Linux world is not realist any more. we have to work in 2020 in a few month whith less performant tools as installed in Windows 95 :mrgreen: .

but one great deception today evening:

the uggly but not dark background from LXQT (the background from LXQT in 16.04 was a lot more beautifull. It continue to be present on my security saving of that Kubuntu version, but I don't know where LXQT saves his background pictures). And I find no item under 'Préférences' in my French installation where to try to change the background hopping the new selection would reappear after restart! My screen is actually completelly black :oops: excepted of course the windows, bars and pictures...

NB: if someone will reproduce my installation or somewhat analog: all items installed do not appear in the menu of lxqt. for exemple rox-filer or grun etc. You need to create a starter under /usr/share/applications. you simply copy an analog starter, for example the starter for pcmanfm-qt under the new name for example rox and open it in sudo mode in your editor and change the needing lines...
after that, you have a starter and can draw it into the bottom bar in the left corner as proposed :idea: . it is not always easy to find the adequate icons as, for example, the icone for rox-filer is in /usr/share subdir in the subdir of rox and not in .../icons or .../pixmaps!
oui

forgotten words

Post by oui »

... the uggly but not dark background from LXQT DID DISAPPEAR (...
oui

why luakit and not qupzilla as a qt browser?

Post by oui »

simply as protest because the version of qupzilla in Debian / Ubuntu is to old! Then, no Qupzilla.

and second detail: I did already have difficulties to open this for me important French site

http://france2.fr/jt/20h

because I live in Germany and must see at differed time the French news (actually very important because of coming elections!) and a lot of browsers do not work properly with flashplugin.so, one of those was in divers installations qupzilla. Luakit works immediatelly and as I also install vim-athena, the commands are about the same.

important: read the Arch wiki to know the hints to use easily luakit :lol: