ALT-right click does not re-size maximised window on x64 install

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
kess

ALT-right click does not re-size maximised window on x64 install

Post by kess »

Hi,

I have two installations of Lubuntu on two different laptops. Both have software that is right up to date through `apt-get`.
One laptop is 64-bit and has a 64-bit lubuntu install with kernel 4.13.0-21-generic
The other laptop is 32-bit and has a 32-bit lubuntu install with kernel 4.04.0-104-generic.

Both use exactly the same `lubuntu-rc.xml` file which is kept in a common dropbox.
The `lubuntu-rc.xml` file contains these two keybindings

Code: Select all

<mousebind button="A-Right" action="Press">
                        <action name="Focus"/>
                        <action name="Raise"/>
                        <action name="Unshade"/>
                                                                         </mousebind>
<mousebind button="A-Right" action="Drag">
                        <action name="Resize"/>
                                                                         </mousebind>
The problem is this. On the x64 laptop, when any window is maximised, I can't ALT-right click to resize the window. It does not do anything. It won't let me.
However if I make a window just less than maximum, then I can ALT-right click and resize the window. Then ALT-right click works just fine.

There are no problems at all ALT-right clicking to re-size a maximised window on the 32-bit laptop, using the same lubuntu-rc.xml file.

Any ideas how to fix this?
drooly

Re: ALT-right click does not re-size maximised window on x64 install

Post by drooly »

kess wrote:The problem is this. On the x64 laptop, when any window is maximised, I can't ALT-right click to resize the window. It does not do anything. It won't let me.
However if I make a window just less than maximum, then I can ALT-right click and resize the window. Then ALT-right click works just fine.
this is expected and normal behaviour. on fluxbox this is configurable, not sure about openbox though.
i have no clue why it is inconsistent across different installs.
different openbox versions?