Resolution Reverts On Monitor Restart

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
IWorkInPixels

Resolution Reverts On Monitor Restart

Post by IWorkInPixels »

I have a new kitchen table that I built for playing D&D which has a Sceptre 40 inch 4K television embedded in it, being driven by an ASUS Tinkerboard, which uses LXDE. I have set the resolution to save so that on restart the monitor settings will correctly set themselves to 3840×2160.

However, if I then turn the monitor off and then back on again (whether or not the board itself sleeps) the resolution will revert to 1920×1080.

I haven't been able to find anything on Google that has to do with resolution changes on monitor restart, only resolution changes when rebooting the board itself. It seems like the monitor on startup is attempting to autodetect what resolutions the board is capable of, and starts by asking if it can do 1080p, and the board says "Sure!" and changes its own resolution to match, before the monitor gets a chance to ask the board if it can do 4K.

My television does not appear to have any way to lock its resolution to 4K, so I'm hoping there's a way to get the board to ignore whatever the monitor is doing on startup and lock itself to 4K resolution?