Change color of desktop-icon text-background

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
rtl88

Change color of desktop-icon text-background

Post by rtl88 »

Hello,

I am a SuSE-LXDE user, and I wish to change the color of my desktop icon’s text background. I found precisely what I need, below, to put in my .gtkrc-2.0.mine file; but it is written for Xfce and not LXDE. I was hoping to find out what I needed to change here to make this tweak work for LXDE's desktop.

Code: Select all

style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {
    XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 75

base[NORMAL] = "#000000"
    base[SELECTED] = "#000000"
    base[ACTIVE] = "#000000"

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
    fg[SELECTED] = "#ffffff"
    fg[ACTIVE] = "#ffffff"
}
widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view" 
Before I ever posted this question, I set aside a couple of hours, to scan all the usual, dependable sites and Linux tutorials. The desktop icon’s text background tweak is nevertheless alluding me. I merely need to find out what syntax to change for this .gtkrc-2.0.mine file entry (versus the Xfce version I posted above). I am thinking the “xfdesktop-icon-view” and ”XfdesktopIconView” syntax may be the only part I need to change.

Thank you!
drooly

Re: Change color of desktop-icon text-background

Post by drooly »

on a wild guess, all you need to change is the widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*".
maybe pcmanfm's source code can point you in the right direction: https://github.com/raspberrypi-ui/pcman ... /desktop.c
rtl88

Post by rtl88 »

@drooly,

Thanks, for your input. I spent some time with the code you directed me to, and found that section for the LXDE version. The way I'm redoing the Xfce template - or either the possibility that it is not even a themeable component vis-a-vis PCMan and my Openbox/Metacity-Compiz setup - has rendered my quest a no-go- for now.

If anyone has the magic switch - versus that Xfce template - please chip in; thanks.
kennethkgidley

Post by kennethkgidley »

Thanks for providing the code to change the background color. I was searching for that, glad to see you are helping others.