Keyboard configuration Topic is solved

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
leonr

Keyboard configuration

Post by leonr »

Hello. I`m using LXDE in my Samsung Chromebook 2 and I`m from Brazil. Since the notebook is produced locally, my physical keyboard is set in brazilian standard, and the lxde setting is in american standard (I guess). There is anything I can do?
Rex Bouwense

Re: Keyboard configuration  Topic is solved

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the lxde forums. There is a GUI for doing exactly what you want to do. Merely right click the LXPanel and select Panel Settings. A new window, Panel Preferences, will pop up and from the horizontal menu select Panel Applets. If Keyboard Layout Handler is listed select it. If it is not listed add it and then select it. Un-check "Keep system layouts" and then make your changes. You will have to recheck "Keep system layouts" before you close the window. I believe the changes will take effect after the next boot.
Rex
leonr

Re: Keyboard configuration

Post by leonr »

Thank you, my friend. I'm felling very powerfull now that I can write properly in my language. This is great.
leonr

Post by leonr »

By the way, for future reference, when I do the changes and then check the "Keep system layouts" again, the keyboard returns to the american standard, even after the reboot. So I let it unchecked and works just fine.
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

If it works for you fine. Please mark the answer as accepted.
Rex