Browser moves between monitors when leaving fullscreen

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Tiny

Browser moves between monitors when leaving fullscreen

Post by Tiny »

I have two LXDE machines at home, a laptop running Ubuntu 18.04, usually connected to my TV for Netflix and other media playback, and a desktop machine runnin Fedora 28. The Fedora machine is running a triple monitor setup.

I am having the same issue on both of these machines; when ever I take the browser out of fullscreen mode it moves to the next monitor. This is not a new issue, but something I've experienced probably since I first started using LXDE several years ago. I've just never bothered to do anything serious about it until now.

I experience this both when using Google Chrome and Vivaldi, and coming to think of it, this may also happen when using VLC and possibly other applications as well. I'll verify this when I get home from work.

Has anyone here experienced the same? Any suggestions for what to try to fix this?
drooly

Re: Browser moves between monitors when leaving fullscreen

Post by drooly »

Tiny wrote:I experience this both when using Google Chrome and Vivaldi, and coming to think of it, this may also happen when using VLC and possibly other applications as well.
please do check.
maybe you could also check with Firefox?
could you also check in a pure openbox (not LXDE) session?
(and maybe with a different desktop environment, too)
does it always change back to the same monitor? some sort of default monitor maybe? or can you effectively cycle through all your monitorsby going in and out of fullscreen mode?
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

I've made some tests and can now confirm that this applies to all applications that have a fullscreen mode. I've also noted that the applications always move to the same monitor when leaving fullscreen. On LXDE this is the center monitor, the one where I have the LXPanel, and have probably defined as my primary monitor at some point.
I see the same behaviour when using openbox without LXDE, except here the applications move to the left most monitor instead of the center one.
drooly

Post by drooly »

I'm sorry, I have nothing.
It would be good to narrow it down to LXDE (or openbox) being the culprit.
If it isn't that, maybe xrandr has some option that does that, or other options that can prevent that from happening?
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Thanks for trying anyway. I'll reply with a solution if I ever find one in case someone else has the same problem.