What is the name of the icons and theme in this image?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
iconperson

What is the name of the icons and theme in this image?

Post by iconperson »

TL;DR What is the task bar theme and icon theme used in the attached image?

Just did a clean installation of Lubuntu (ubuntu 16.04.6 + lxde) However I cannot find my old theme.
Yes I have checked everything in lxappearance.
When searching for lxde theme info online, I can find many images featuring my old theme, but no mention of what it is called.

P.S. i know there are other add-ons installed in this image. I am only interested in the theme & icons.
Attachments
old lxde.jpg
(60.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
malvarco

Re: What is the name of the icons and theme in this image?

Post by malvarco »

I don't know the theme, but at least the icon Theme looks like nuoveXT to me
iconperson

Post by iconperson »

malvarco wrote:nuoveXT
Yes! thankyou! :D
I think I may be having a more complex problem as when changing my task bar to "system theme" it just appears white, despite the system theme being dark ... or maybe I'm misunderstanding what system theme means in this instance, anyone know what it actually refers to and how to change it?
I can change my window appearance and widget theme but neither of those are specifically the system.
malvarco

Post by malvarco »

Probably it's meant to work like that. LXDE is lightweight in terms of customization, as the name says (Lightweight X Desktop Environment). I know the port to LXQT is a bit "heavier" in terms of customization. At least, I'm using LXQT on my desktop and it has more options for that.

Anyway, I noticed that if you right click on the taskbar, Panel Settings > Appearance tab, if you choose Solid color (with opacity) and choose a transparent color, the taskbar looks like the System theme. I don't think that's very good however, because the minimized windows also have the same color, and so, it's hard to notice what's a minimize window and what's the taskbar.

Now, if you go to this website:
https://linoxide.com/ubuntu-how-to/inst ... ntu-15-10/

That default theme from an older Ubuntu version looks like your picture.
I'm pretty sure most of your old LXDE configs are scattered around your LXDE installation. At least, I was able to find that wallpaper on my system in /usr/share/lxde/wallpapers, and I don't even use Ubuntu, but Debian.

The other resource I noticed on the picture is Docky. I don't use it, because I don't like docks.

I hope this helps.
drooly

Post by drooly »

iconperson wrote:I think I may be having a more complex problem as when changing my task bar to "system theme" it just appears white, despite the system theme being dark ...
Please post a screenshot of the taskbar.
Also show us the content of ~/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels/config, that's a plain text file in a hidden directory (.config) under your $HOME.

BTW, are you sure you are using LXDE and not LXQt? If you use Lubuntu 19.04 or later, it's LXQt.