PCManFM not recognizing *.desktop actions

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
dajare

PCManFM not recognizing *.desktop actions

Post by dajare »

I've used PCManFM for many years in quite a few distros, and one feature I've always valued is the option of adding one's own context menu entries, especially the "Open Folder as Root" action.

I just "rebuilt" an old (very old) laptop with Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce (32-bit), and one of the first things I did was to install PCManFM and set up the "open as root" option. However, NOTHING I do can convince PCManFM (1.2.5) to recognize the `root.desktop` (or `open_as_root.desktop`) file that I have placed in ~/.local/share/file-manager/actions/. I've tried different filenames, logging out/in, etc., all to no avail. I'm attempting to use the "admin" approach, as I don't have gksu, but NOTHING I put in the desktop file shows up in the context menu of PCManFM at all.

There must be something I'm missing, but I cannot work out what. And, as I said, I've been using this kind of set up for many years, so it's especially annoying to be botching something now! Any ideas/help much appreciated.
drooly

Re: PCManFM not recognizing *.desktop actions

Post by drooly »

Weird.
It works after you right-click a folder => Open with... => select "Open as root" from "Other".