General sluggishness, especialy lxpanel

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
ab1jx

General sluggishness, especialy lxpanel

Post by ab1jx »

I've done some playing around writing plugins based on the CPU Usage Monitor and the digital clock. I made a GUI Bitcoin price monitor and a text one. https://sourceforge.net/projects/btctick/ Anyway my network connection is through a cell phone, so I thought something I'd written was blocking waiting for a connection. Right now I'm on a freshly loaded Raspberry Pi 3B that doesn't have any of that stuff installed. (Raspbian)

I was cooking something upstairs so I was looking at the clock in the taskbar, and at one point the LXDE clock was 40 minutes behind the time I get by just typing "date" in a terminal window on the same computer. Lxpanel seems to stop updating. On my Pi upstairs sometimes the pager goes dead but I can switch desktops with a mouse wheel on the desktop or ctrl-alt left/right arrows. That's usually network related though, it clears up if I put the phone in Airplane mode so it doesn't try to connect, or when the connection works. Different degrees of the same problem or 2 different problems, I don't know.
drooly

Re: General sluggishness, especialy lxpanel

Post by drooly »

ab1jx wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 am I've done some playing around writing plugins based on the CPU Usage Monitor and the digital clock. I made a GUI Bitcoin price monitor and a text one. https://sourceforge.net/projects/btctick/ Anyway my network connection is through a cell phone, so I thought something I'd written was blocking waiting for a connection. Right now I'm on a freshly loaded Raspberry Pi 3B that doesn't have any of that stuff installed. (Raspbian)

I was cooking something upstairs so I was looking at the clock in the taskbar, and at one point the LXDE clock was 40 minutes behind the time I get by just typing "date" in a terminal window on the same computer. Lxpanel seems to stop updating. On my Pi upstairs sometimes the pager goes dead but I can switch desktops with a mouse wheel on the desktop or ctrl-alt left/right arrows. That's usually network related though, it clears up if I put the phone in Airplane mode so it doesn't try to connect, or when the connection works. Different degrees of the same problem or 2 different problems, I don't know.
Are you saying that you are running some self-made software and now your whole desktop locks up?