Directories are empty on first open.

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
djhnsn

Directories are empty on first open.

Post by djhnsn »

I am running lxde from the default image for the 2gb nvidia jetson nano.

If I open any folder on my desktop after a fresh boot, the folder appears empty unless I resize the window or close it an open it again. After that, it's fine for the rest of the session.

This isn't a huge issue, but it's rather annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?
drooly

Re: Directories are empty on first open.

Post by drooly »

djhnsn wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 am I am running lxde from the default image for the 2gb nvidia jetson nano.
I think you will have to expand on this.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Generally speaking: start the software in question from the command line, see if you get meaning ful messages.
Or check the logs.
djhnsn

Post by djhnsn »

drooly wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:23 pm
djhnsn wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 am I am running lxde from the default image for the 2gb nvidia jetson nano.
I think you will have to expand on this.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Generally speaking: start the software in question from the command line, see if you get meaning ful messages.
Or check the logs.
This thing
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l ... vkit#intro

The linux4tegra image comes with lxde.
I suppose the issue is with PCmanFM I am about to head out of town for the week, so I will look into it when I get back.
drooly

Post by drooly »

So it's some opaque distro thingy that comes with an Nvidia "RasPi".
Nobody except Nvidia knows what it is, how it's built, how it works...
Not the best starting point to troubleshoot a problem.
On the upside: if it's included in the package, you should have customer support, no?

Are you absolutely sure this happens only with the file manager? You cannot reproduce this when you first start a terminal, or a graphical utility etc.?
Even so, it must be related to the graphics. On what level (xorg, driver) we cannot know without additional info, troubleshooting.
djhnsn

Post by djhnsn »

Well, nautilus seems to open just fine on the first try. Is there a way to set it as a default file manager? I tried deleting pcman fm, but mostly everything didn't work so I reinstalled from apt. Reinstalling didn't fix the issue.
drooly

Post by drooly »

djhnsn wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 am Well, nautilus seems to open just fine on the first try. Is there a way to set it as a default file manager?
Do you have a "preferred applications" utility in your menu?
djhnsn

Post by djhnsn »

drooly wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:31 pm
djhnsn wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 am Well, nautilus seems to open just fine on the first try. Is there a way to set it as a default file manager?
Do you have a "preferred applications" utility in your menu?
I found something like that, and set nautilus as default. It was the same as when in removed PCmanFM. The only thing that loaded was my toolbar. Anyway, I gave up on fixing it and just reflashed the os image and so far it's been working great. I have no clue what cause it, but I hope this doesn't happen again.

Thanks a lot for help!