can not log in!

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Grengar

can not log in!

Post by Grengar »

I have put LXDE on the computer I built to move my Minecraft server to, got everything set up and switched over about 3 days ago and everything was going smoothly.
I woke up today to a report from one of the members that the server had crashed - when I looked at the computer it said "Lock Failed!" And didn't seem to take any input
I thought the computer was just frozen so I restarted it - now I am stuck on an infinite lock screen. I type in my password, it is accepted, and loads up... Another lock screen!
I have no idea what to do for this and would like to get this server back up for my friends asap. - any help would be appreciated
drooly

Re: can not log in!

Post by drooly »

Grengar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 am I have put LXDE on the computer I built to move my Minecraft server to, got everything set up and switched over about 3 days ago and everything was going smoothly.
I woke up today to a report from one of the members that the server had crashed - when I looked at the computer it said "Lock Failed!" And didn't seem to take any input
I thought the computer was just frozen so I restarted it - now I am stuck on an infinite lock screen. I type in my password, it is accepted, and loads up... Another lock screen!
I have no idea what to do for this and would like to get this server back up for my friends asap. - any help would be appreciated
Please switch to a different tty (e.g. with Ctrl-Alt-F2), log in with your usual creentials, and enter

Code: Select all

journalctl -b -e
This should give you an initial idea of what's going on on your system.

You can also share the output with us thusly:

Code: Select all

journalctl -b -e > journal.txt
Then you can install a program like pastebinit and use that to upload journal.txt, and finally post the link you received here.
Alternatively, mount a USB stick, copy the file over, and post its content here from another machine.