Task Bar pushing all other items off of panel after update

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
happysmash27

Task Bar pushing all other items off of panel after update

Post by happysmash27 »

At first I thought this was only an issue with my secondary PC that still has a lot of messed up packages and libraries, but now it is happening on my main PC as well, and has also been reported by someone else as a bug: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40027&p=55471&hilit=task+bar#p55471.

I am on Gentoo Linux with Breeze-Dark theme, lxde-meta 0.5.5-r7, lxpanel 0.10.1.

The appearence is as follows: Image

This is doable on my secondary PC, but very much breaks my workflow on my main PC where I always used to use LXDE as a fallback, then switched to full-time because everything else had too many issues. Does anyone know what may cause this apparent graphical glitch?
figueroa_andy

Re: Task Bar pushing all other items off of panel after update

Post by figueroa_andy »

It looks like you are running out of space because of so many open windows. Reduce the Maximum width of task buttons (I'm using 90) and/or select to Combine multiple application windows.
drooly

Post by drooly »

No, the task bar settings seem to be in order.
I have to assume that the rest of the panel stretches over to the second monitor, and is currently covered by a terminal.
Please also show us the Geometry tab of Pamel Preferences.
happysmash27

Post by happysmash27 »

It does not stretch over to the other monitor. Here is a screenshot of the geometry tab: Image

Currently I have been working around this by manually setting the maximum task button size to be very well, but this is a dirty workaround. The tooltips for each window also appear at the top of the screen now, instead of at the bottom where they should be.
drooly

Post by drooly »

I'm not familiar with multimonitor solutions. Some random ideas:
  • Try setting Monitor: All in the Geometry tab
  • What is taking care of your desktop background/icons? Is it set to span both monitors? Full report please.
  • Also play with lxpanel's Advanced tab settings
  • Play with the settings for the Panel Applets ("Stretch" checkmark), esp. Task Bar (Window List)