live-CD no video no audio

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
bulkley

live-CD no video no audio

Post by bulkley »

How do I make the video and audio work on the live CD? I have tried both the 386 and the amd64 versions and I have tried them on different machines. No dice. The audio/video does not work. I use Youtube to test it. I am assuming that what I am dealing with is flash and it's relationship to Iceweasel. I have tried upgrading to flash 10 but it doesn't take. So, what's the secret?
archibald haddock

Re: live-CD no video no audio

Post by archibald haddock »

Flash?
What about testing a real sound/video file with a player?
Flash is ever causing problems with GNU/Linux.
bulkley

Post by bulkley »

archibald haddock wrote:Flash?
Flash 10 works beautifully on my Debian Squeeze but that's not the point. What I want to know is, how do I make the video and audio work on the live CD which I downloaded from this site?
DixieDancer

Post by DixieDancer »

bulkley wrote: Flash 10 works beautifully on my Debian Squeeze but that's not the point. What I want to know is, how do I make the video and audio work on the live CD which I downloaded from this site?
That's the Debian/LXDE you downloaded I assume. You may need to add some drivers and/or codecs to your installation. The Debian repositories likely do not offer them, but some info on getting them can be found here.

-Robin
archibald haddock

Post by archibald haddock »

bulkley wrote:
archibald haddock wrote:Flash?
Flash 10 works beautifully on my Debian Squeeze but that's not the point. What I want to know is, how do I make the video and audio work on the live CD which I downloaded from this site?
Regarding that video is not working, flash is causing the problem, because it is flash jobs to draw a flash video. ;)
So have you tried some normal ogg files?
bulkley

Post by bulkley »

I got it working. I think I may have been trying to use the wrong package. This one works: install_flash_player_10_linux.deb . I found it on Adobe's site.