wallpaper help?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
dare2wow

wallpaper help?

Post by dare2wow »

ok this is not really urgent, its going to sound funny, maybe even a little stupid :lol: , but i cannot change the wallpaper of the lxde desktop.

what happened was that i just installed lxde on xubuntu yesterday (and i love it! :D ) i was playing around and i made it so that when i right click it shows the lxde menu instead of the usual stuff. so now i dont know how to go to desktop settings. i looked every were in the meny and i cant find anything. :?:
help please.
by the way my 8 yr old laptop flies...ok, maybe it does not fly, but its fast.
Attachments
this is what i get when i right click
this is what i get when i right click
menu.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 5019 times
medicalwei

Re: wallpaper help?

Post by medicalwei »

Though it is a little funny, go to pcmanfm and find its config, and you'll see that the wallpaper settings as well as the desktop menu config is in the dialog.
kgas

Post by kgas »

From the screen shot it seems that you are not using pcmanfm as your desktop manager (no My Documents folder is visible). With pcmanfm as your desktop manager changing wall paper is few clicks away. :D
dare2wow

Post by dare2wow »

i thought i wasn't using pcmanfm but i found the config file and changed the wall paper and menu, so know when i right click i get the icons, desktop settings... thanks for the help, i really like lxde, i didn't think that lxde would change the speed of my laptop, i was so surprised. :D