How to add a icon to launch firefox in the desktop?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
giorgio

How to add a icon to launch firefox in the desktop?

Post by giorgio »

Please, I'm newbie in LXDE enviroment, actually I am launching firefox, using MenuLXDE>internet>firefox, but I wanna put a icon in the desktop to launch firefox directly...
Thanks.

(sorry my english, portuguese is my native language)
Marty Jack

Re: How to add a icon to launch firefox in the desktop?

Post by Marty Jack »

I am not sure if you mean on the desktop or in the panel, but if it's in the panel, Add/Remove Panel Items, Panel Applets, Add, Application Launch Bar, and then right click on Application Launch Bar and customize it however you prefer.
maces

Post by maces »

Hi

And if you want to have the starter directly on the Desktop, you simply copy the firefox.dexktop from /usr/share/applications to your Desktop:

Code: Select all

cp /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop ~/Desktop/
That's it.

maces
giorgio

Post by giorgio »

Thanks Marty Jack,
Yes, I wanna a firefox icon in the desktop and not in the panel...

Thanks maces

I copied the firefox starter directly in the desktop, it is working, but it not appear the icon, only the name of the launch link...
BobCov

Post by BobCov »

I would also like to have the actual FireFox icon on the desktop. Is there a way to do that?
DixieDancer

Post by DixieDancer »

Another easy way to put icons for your favorite applications on your desktop is to open PCManFM and navigate to /usr/share/applications. Find the icon you want and just drag-and-drop it to the desktop.

I don't know what the issue is with the icon for Firefox. Mine is missing too, but the substitute icon is okay with me.

I always prefer my application icons in the taskbar instead of on the desktop (because I don't want it to look too much like WindowsXP, lol), but the beauty of this desktop environment is that it is so fully customizable! You can have icons on the taskbar, on the desktop, neither, or both!

-Robin
giorgio

Post by giorgio »

Thanks all,

Yes, I dragged and dropped the firefox application from to /usr/share/applications, but the icon is missed, only have the text that appear in the bottom of the icon...
I thing that this problem, in my PC, could be because, many applications are in kde manager yet, because Big Linux distro is based on Kubuntu....

I tried now with the Opera icon, dragging and dropping to the desktop and I had success, the Opera icon is there...

Thanks, I consider solved the topic.