Lubuntu 12.10 and xfce4-notifyd

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
mick823

Re: Lubuntu 12.10 and xfce4-notifyd

Post by mick823 »

No more colored text in any future posts for me. It is hard enough to write a tutorial that people can follow without having to worry about an add-on stripping out the text. I use firefox with adblock+ myself. We both learned something SantaFe88. Peace.
SantaFe88

Post by SantaFe88 »

mick823 wrote:No more colored text in any future posts for me. It is hard enough to write a tutorial that people can follow without having to worry about an add-on stripping out the text. I use Firefox with AdBlock+ myself. We both learned something SantaFe88. Peace.
Aw, just because one person had a goof with AdBlock/Firefox shouldn't make you give up on colored text. Seems like I was the only one who had the problem anyway. Now if you got a bunch of people complaining..... ;)
vanlong441

Post by vanlong441 »

Instead of going for xfce4-notifyd, you can follow this guide to get a GUI customizing notify-osd. In my opinion, this GUI is better and offers more features than that of xfce4-notifyd.

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/closable ... fyosd.html

*Notes: in Lubuntu 12.04, to set the position of the notification, open dconf editor >> apps >> notify-osd