lxde wallpaper gone

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
doru001

lxde wallpaper gone

Post by doru001 »

I tried to change the background color in application windows in lxde by changing /etc/xdg/lxlauncher/gtkrc:

Code: Select all

style "launcher-bg" { # for the background GtkWindow
    bg[NORMAL] = "#3675AD" # <<<<<<<<<<< here to #FF0040
}
style "launcher-fg" { # for the text size/color
    font_name="Sans Bold 11"
    fg[NORMAL]="#3675AD"
    fg[PRELIGHT]="#3675AD"
}
style "launcher-nb" = "launcher-fg" { #for the notebook
    bg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
    #"bg[SELECTED] = "#3675AD"
    fg[ACTIVE] = "#ffffff" #text color for non-active tabs
    bg[ACTIVE] = "#3675AD" #the other non-active tabs # <<<<<<<<<<< here to #FF0040
}
widget_class "*<GtkNotebook>" style "launcher-nb"
widget_class "*<GtkNotebook><GtkHBox><GtkLabel>" style "launcher-nb"
widget "GtkWindow" style "launcher-bg"
widget_class "*<ExoWrapTable><GtkButton>*<GtkLabel>" style "launcher-fg"
widget_class "*<GtkVBox><GtkHBox><GtkLabel>" style "launcher-fg"
and I lost the wallpaper for ever. I recovered the original file from my backup, I set the preference in right click on desktop, I rebooted. Nothing. How is this even possible?
seppalta

Re: lxde wallpaper gone

Post by seppalta »

Not sure what you are asking, but wallpaper is usually changed with the command:

Code: Select all

pcmanfm --desktop-pref
. See http://lxlinux.com/#5 for more information.
doru001

Re: lxde wallpaper gone

Post by doru001 »

Thank you for your answer. You are right not to understand what I was asking, because I was completely lost in these configuration files. I changed ~/.config/pcmanfm configuration files and that made the wallpaper to go at the next logon. Because changes in ~/.config/pcmanfm files take effect immediately I thought that I was done, and I went on to change /etc/xdg/lxlauncher/gtkrc. After logout and logon the wallpaper was gone. Indeed, for some reason wallpaper_mode was 0 in ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf and I could change it using pcmanfm --desktop-pref.

I also notice now that some ~/.config/pcmanfm files have su_cmd=gksu %s and others have su_cmd=xdg-su -c '%s'. (I saved modified versions of these files.) Your link is very good, but where are these pcmanfm configuration files documented? For example, su_cmd, what does it do? Why did it change while I was fooling around in config files?

... and here http://tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/ I found how to change the background color in leafpad.