What keeps messing up ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf?

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
rockdoctor

What keeps messing up ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf?

Post by rockdoctor »

It seems that pcmanfm wants to open with size 280x149, regardless of what I do. When I win_width and win_height in ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf before starting X, the filemanager window will open with the dimensions I set only the first time. Any subsequent openings of a pcmanfm give me a 280x149 window, and my config file has been modified. I even tried deleting ~/.config/pcmanfm and ~/.config/libfm with the same results once I restarted LXDE and opened a pcmanfm window (first window was ok, subsequent windows were 280x149). This happens on a Fedora 19 alpha TC4 system with pcmanfm-1.1.0-2.fc19.x86_64.
Geology - It's not rocket science, it's rock science!
seppalta

Re: What keeps messing up ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.con

Post by seppalta »

It appears you have an interesting problem. :!: I only have pcmanfm 9.10, which always open the same size as it was when last closed. Both on Sparky Linux 64-bit and Crunchbang 32-bit. Sparky has 2 config files: default/pcmanfm.conf and LXDE/pcmanfm.conf; Crunchbang has only default/pcmanfm.conf. The dimension section of pcmanfm.conf:

Code: Select all

[ui]
always_show_tabs=0
max_tab_chars=32
win_width=1363
win_height=378
splitter_pos=150
side_pane_mode=1
view_mode=0
show_hidden=1
sort_type=0
sort_by=4
Not sure what the 1363x378 means - maybe size in first launch after boot? That number is different in all the files mentioned above. Cheers.
rockdoctor

Post by rockdoctor »

No default here; just an LXDE directory. Adding default doesn't change the situation. Furthermore, both
/etc/xdg/pcman/default/pcman.conf and /etc/xdg/pcman/LXDE/pcman.conf both use

Code: Select all

[ui]
win_width=539
win_height=404
I even tried changing the ownership of ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf to root:root and perms to 444, and it still came up 280x149
rockdoctor

Post by rockdoctor »

Curiouser and curiouser... the problem seems to vanish when pcmanfm is not being used to display the desktop - sometimes
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

You should write reports on found bugs into bug tracker, not into forum. Thank you.
drooly

Post by drooly »

@LStranger: nobody is talking about a bug (yet).

@rockdoctor: have you checked openbox's rc.xml?
it has an applications section and can decide how (which size) a window is opened.
if the culprit is not found there, at least that's a place to create a workaround.