PCManFM: Can't drag files into Directory Tree folders

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
Colin

PCManFM: Can't drag files into Directory Tree folders

Post by Colin »

In PCManFM I can't drag & drop files from the main window to folders in the Directory Tree sidebar. Any idea why? I *can* drag & drop them to bookmarked folders in the Places sidebar. I'm just dragging single files to folders on the same partition of the same internal hard drive, nothing fancy. The folder I'm trying to drag to fails to highlight, and when I release the mouse button the icon of the file I'm dragging flies back to its home (as it would if I tried to drag a file somewhere that doesn't accept files, like the titlebar of the window).

Prior to this post: After searching the LXLE forum (having just moved to LXLE from Xubuntu), the LXLE wiki, DuckDuckGo, Uduck, and PCManFM's wiki and bugtracker, I asked at the LXLE forum where it was suggested to me that this just generally doesn't work (whether by bug or design I don't know).
Rex Bouwense

Re: PCManFM: Can't drag files into Directory Tree folders

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Welcome to the LXDE forum. Interesting problem. I just tested your problem and I cannot do that either. Never tried before because I have used cut and paste in the past. I can drag and drop between folders on two open PCManFM windows but not to directory tree folders. I could not find anything on SourceForge but will keep looking. Out of curiosity can you still use cut and paste?
Rex
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks. Yes, cut & paste works, as does dragging between tabs (drag file to tab, wait for it to switch views, then drop in the main window) and dragging between windows.
jonnycat

Post by jonnycat »

Interesting, I tried it on mine (which I keep set to Places), and I can drag/drop it (cut/paste), but not if I set it do directory tree.
LStranger

Post by LStranger »

I think you just have to upgrade your PCManFM, that problem was addressed long time ago and now it works. Thanks.