Web Server

Having problems getting connected to the internet or getting your wireless card to work? Ask here.
octrar

Web Server

Post by octrar »

Hi, forgive me for my low level knowledge in this Linux Environment. Have a few doubts and need help to get understanding more.
1. localhost (127.0.0.1) vs lan (192.168.0.0/24) which environment most suit for web server?
2. mind to share on how to strengthening the localhost security apart of ufw and iptables

Currently Im running Lubuntu 16.04 with some alien ppa as Im a real jobless, and decide to learn new things, thanks all.
by octrar
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
============================================
Im Jobless and Im Learning Lubuntu Now
drooly

Re: Web Server

Post by drooly »

Lubuntu is not really a server distro.
it would be best to use a separate machine (an old, discarded laptop for example) as a server, without any gui or xserver, text only, and ssh into it for maintenance.
fwiw, i use debian stable as a server distro.
KellyGax

Web Server

Post by KellyGax »

Thanks for that.

Do you know of any example code of a more capable RB web server, it only has to serve out 12 graphics and some simple HTML ?

All help gladly received

GM
drooly

Post by drooly »

KellyGax wrote:Thanks for that.

Do you know of any example code of a more capable RB web server, it only has to serve out 12 graphics and some simple HTML ?

All help gladly received

GM
erm what?
generally, there's plenty of tutorials out there for setting up a lightweight web server.
and i did not understand your specifics at all.
SeanKernan

Post by SeanKernan »

Configuring a Firewall is the best way l know. Here are steps to tell you how to configure a firewall with UFW: https://docsbay.net/how-to-configure-a- ... l-with-ufw