Desktop Pager icons

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Tacuabe

Desktop Pager icons

Post by Tacuabe »

I've been using LXDE for a long time. First in Lubuntu and now with Debian 9.4 Stretch. My Desktop Pages always showed icons for the opened applications in each desk. They have now suddenly stopped appearing. Has anyone experienced this problem? Will appreciate a solution or workaround.
Thanks.
Rex Bouwense

Re: Desktop Pager icons

Post by Rex Bouwense »

You didn't give us a lot to work with. Try right clicking any open space on the lxde panel and select "Task Bar (Window List)" Settings. Place a check mark on "Show windows from all desktops" and then close. That will list of all open applications on all of your desktops.
Rex
Tacuabe

Post by Tacuabe »

I'm not using the Taskbar, just the Desktop Pager. Anyhow, I added the Taskbar and looked at the Settings. Found that "Show windows from all desktops" was already checked. The problem is that the Desktop Pager sometimes show icons and suddenly they are replaced by a rectangle. This irregular behaviour is what I want to correct, if possible.
drooly

Post by drooly »

Tacuabe wrote:I'm not using the Taskbar, just the Desktop Pager.
Do you mean this?
Attachments
pager.png
pager.png (8.96 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
Tacuabe

Post by Tacuabe »

No, I'm using a narrow vertical panel on the left edge. I set a 48 px wide margin there. I do not need text, just the icon of the topmost app in each workspace to appear. Unfortunately, this does not happen in every session and sometimes I get only rectangles instead of icons. See attached capture.
The annoying part is that some sessions have icons and others do not. This is aleatory and I could not associate this behaviour in any way.
Firefox is in desktop 1, SpaceFM in desktop 2.
Firefox is in desktop 1, SpaceFM in desktop 2.
Desktop_Pager.png (299 Bytes) Viewed 7213 times
drooly

Post by drooly »

I do get Icons.
But if the window in question is too small the icon disappears.
The windows in your screenshot seem to be too small for icons to appear in them.
Tacuabe

Post by Tacuabe »

Well, the funny thing is they do appear sometimes (just like now) with space to spare. Sometimes they do not and, as said, the behaviour is uconsistent.
Attachments
Selection_001.png
Selection_001.png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 6993 times
drooly

Post by drooly »

I think it's consistent.
Try this:
- Maximise Firefox - do you see an icon?
- Now resize the Firefox window to make it very small - do you see an icon?
Tacuabe

Post by Tacuabe »

Yes, I see what you mean. It works just as you describe. Icons disappear when the window becomes too small to contain it.
Will keep on checking as I still recall not having icons displayed even with maximized windows. If that happens I'll report again. Thanks for now.