Ubuntu Cleaner and Bleachbit

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
smhardesty

Ubuntu Cleaner and Bleachbit

Post by smhardesty »

This isn't so much about needing help as it is asking for opinions. I have used both Ubuntu Cleaner and Bleachbit for 10 years, give or take, to keep my systems cleaned out a little bit. I have never once had a problem using either of these programs to clean things up. If I recall correctly, Ubuntu Cleaner was previously called both Computer Janitor and SystemCleaner.

My reason for asking about this is due to threads I have read on Linux Mint's forum. Guys on there go way out of their way to criticize both programs and belittle anyone that chooses to use them. What really gets me is that they then go so far as to explain how to use the CLI to perform THE EXACT SAME TASKS. I've looked at what they recommend doing via CLI versus what each of the program does. There is so little difference, it's almost not worth mentioning. I found that a little comical, I guess.

So, my questions are, does anyone else use either or both of the programs and if so, have you ever completely borked your install using them? I'm just curious to see if anybody else uses either or both. I really suspect I could use only one of the two and accomplish all the cleanup I really need. I've just used both of them for so long I continue to do it out of habit more than anything else.
kingblue

Re: Ubuntu Cleaner and Bleachbit

Post by kingblue »

The compatibility between the two programs is very important. basket random