Fresh install on RPi lxpannel not filling screen

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
rhysers

Fresh install on RPi lxpannel not filling screen

Post by rhysers »

Hi, so I installed LXDE on a lite install of raspberry pi os on a RPi4. Everything looks good except the task bar. Screen shot attached. I can't get it to cover the whole bottom of the screen, and its just all black in some parts. How do I get it to show normally?
I already tried going to panel settings, its already set to 100%. I also tried removing the files in .config and rebooting, same thing.
drooly

Re: Fresh install on RPi lxpannel not filling screen

Post by drooly »

rhysers wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:52 am Hi, so I installed LXDE on a lite install of raspberry pi os on a RPi4. Everything looks good except the task bar. Screen shot attached. I can't get it to cover the whole bottom of the screen, and its just all black in some parts. How do I get it to show normally?
I already tried going to panel settings, its already set to 100%. I also tried removing the files in .config and rebooting, same thing.
I cannot see a screenshot.
Maybe post a link to an uploaded image instead?

And you are sure you set the width to 100% in the Geometry tab? Have you also set the margin to 0?
Have you also looked at the Appearance tab?
edward

Post by edward »

I'm currently using LXQt, but isn't there a setting that will lengthen the panel? Setting it to 100% should do it.
Debian Sid - LXDE
drooly

Post by drooly »

edward wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:11 pmI'm currently using LXQt
But this is the LXDE forum....
edward

Post by edward »

drooly wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:22 am
edward wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:11 pmI'm currently using LXQt
But this is the LXDE forum....
Yes, I know that. :)

There is a setting for the width of the panel. It's in the LXPanel preferences.
Debian Sid - LXDE
edward

Post by edward »

https://livingthelinuxlifestyle.wordpre ... -easy-way/

Here's an excellent article on configuring the LXDE desktop. It also includes a graphic displaying the panel width setting.
Debian Sid - LXDE
alishakihn

Post by alishakihn »

If you have performed a fresh installation of an operating system on your Raspberry Pi and the LXPanel (the default taskbar panel in LXDE) is not filling the screen properly, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:Flappy Bird

1. Check display settings: Ensure that the display settings on your Raspberry Pi are correctly configured. You can access the display settings by right-clicking on the LXPanel and selecting "Panel Settings" or by going to the Raspberry Pi Configuration menu.

2. Adjust screen resolution: In the display settings, check if the screen resolution is set to match the native resolution of your monitor or the desired resolution. Try changing the resolution to see if it helps in filling the screen properly.
lilycollins34

Post by lilycollins34 »

You are experiencing problems with the LXDE taskbar on Raspberry Pi that may be related to the control panel settings or a possible configuration issue.
Try reconfiguring LXPanel:
bash
Copy code
sudo dpkgSlope-reconfigure lxpanel
Follow the on-screen prompts to reconfigure the panel settings.
andreen

Post by andreen »

Ensure that your HDMI cable is securely connected to both your Raspberry Pi and your monitor or TV. A loose connection can sometimes cause display issues. watermelon game
JamieOhara321

Post by JamieOhara321 »

I suggest editing configuration files, reinstalling LXPanel,pokedoku or exploring a different desktop manager.