Problem between Consolekit and LXpolkit

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
Lijsterbes

Problem between Consolekit and LXpolkit

Post by Lijsterbes »

I'm setting up a fresh install on a Lenovo T540p, using Obarun. As my DE, I'm trying to install LXDE. Partly because of all its merits, partly because I'm used to it and I can just copy over all my tweaks from my previous daily driver. I use startx, I log in on the TTY.

Most things function OK. I still have to figure out some issues, but those are for a later date. The problem I have now, and which I'm not making progress with, is a cryptic error that I just can't clear.

Initially, LXDE started up with an error box that Dbus couldn't find Consolekit. That was fixed by installing and enabling Consolekit in the supervisor. The error was then replaced by another error, reading

Code: Select all

consolekit.manager.error.general unable to lookup session information for <the PID of lxpolkit>

According to The Internet [mostly FreeBSD people], this should be fixed by making my .xinitrc contain variations of

Code: Select all

ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
exec startlxde
Unfortunately, the variations I've been trying either yield no difference from just starting LXDE without the extra incantations, or cause Xorg to shut down before I even get the screen up.

Obviously, I'm missing something. Can anybody help me out?