Restore Default Panel

The standard panel of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXPanel
sidneyki

Restore Default Panel

Post by sidneyki »

Good morning,

I manage to remove the panel accidentally and struggled to get it back like it was.
Is there a way to store the default panel?
The panel I am referring to is the one at the bottom of the desktop. In windows, it is called the taskbar.

Thank You
Rex Bouwense

Re: Restore Default Panel

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Thread moved to LXPanel for better fit.
Rex
drooly

Post by drooly »

sidneyki wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 pmI manage to remove the panel accidentally and struggled to get it back like it was.
Is there a way to store the default panel?
The panel I am referring to is the one at the bottom of the desktop. In windows, it is called the taskbar.
Have you tried simply restarting it?
Or, have you logged out and back in?
If that works, but your configuration wasn't stored, there's a deeper problem. What distro are you running and how did you install it?
edward

Post by edward »

I believe once it's deleted, even if accidentally, it's gone. I actually did this with one of the distros I was running as a virtual machine, inadvertently deleted the panel. Once I shut it off then relaunched, upon logging in, the panel remained deleted.

To fix this, I deleted the virtual machine and reinstalled the OS in a new VM.
Debian Sid - LXDE
edward

Post by edward »

I recently learned an easier way to restore the default panel, is to rename the ~/.config/lxpanel directory to something else (e.g. lxpanel-bad), reboot and log back in. It will create a new ~/.config/lxpanel directory with the new default panel showing.
Debian Sid - LXDE