Will the lxde desktop stop developing?

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
henrkaaaaaaa

Will the lxde desktop stop developing?

Post by henrkaaaaaaa »

:?: Lxde is a good choice, but I'm curious if lxqt will replace lxde in the future? :(
edward

Re: Will the lxde desktop stop developing?

Post by edward »

Welcome to the forum.

LXDE remains in development.
Debian unstable/sid - LXDE
Ziggi

Post by Ziggi »

Linux org Forum say that ALL LXDE people have moved over to LXQT such that there is no future for LXDE.
I do hope this is not the case. I have just been banned from there for promoting LXDE and contradicting Admin and Mod, saying that LXDE is still alive and kicking. Their Mod is also part of Lubuntu team - so no bias there...????
In particular Antix-22 Full with LXDE which is not supported and as the owner says - never will be.
I also tried to promote this Locos por Linux who has 22,000 subscribers who also sets up Antix with LXDE (88MiB RAM used)
He has his own official spin Loc-OS but it is in Spanish but most gets converted when you set your own language during the rapid install.
Antix Forum banned me for same reasons - they are openly hostile to LXDE - especially when you show their distro running less RAM with LXDE desktop than any of their WM plus File manager combos. OMG
edward

Post by edward »

LXDE is still in development, see my post here.
Debian unstable/sid - LXDE