LXDE panel bug

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
intelliZ

LXDE panel bug

Post by intelliZ »

Hello,

I'm using LXDE on Gentoo. Was there any confirmed fix if you start opening more windows the tray/date gets cut off on the right. I know I can group the windows as a short term fix but wondering if others are experiencing this? I found another thread on it but doesn't give a permanent fix and it's locked.
viewtopic.php?t=41269

Thanks
judyraymo

Re: LXDE panel bug

Post by judyraymo »

intelliZ wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:18 am Hello,

I'm using LXDE on Gentoo. Was there any confirmed fix if you start opening more windows the tray/date gets cut off on the right. I know I can group the windows as a short term fix but wondering if others are experiencing this? I found another thread on it but doesn't give a permanent fix and it's locked.
viewtopic.php?t=41269uno online

Thanks
I can suggest a few things that might help.

First, you can try adjusting the size of the panel to see if that resolves the issue. To do this, right-click on the panel and select “Panel Settings”. From there, you can adjust the size of the panel by dragging the slider under “Length” .

If that doesn’t work, you can try using a different panel altogether. There are several alternative panels available for LXDE, including tint2 and lxpanel. You can install these panels using your package manager and then configure them to your liking .

Finally, if none of these solutions work, you might consider switching to a different desktop environment altogether. There are many lightweight desktop environments available for Linux, including Xfce and MATE, that might better suit your needs.