Speed Junkies: Loc-OS takes title away from Porteus

Non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments; Please take those elsewhere.
Ziggi

Speed Junkies: Loc-OS takes title away from Porteus

Post by Ziggi »

Loc-OS crypt boot to LXDE Desktop in 9 seconds and to Shutdown 13 seconds total - not even rushed..! https://imgur.com/a/tZM9oOE with all the usual software loaded; Ffox-ESR, Gimp, AbiWord, Synaptic, pulse audio etc etc as shown in the full video https://imgur.com/5OcjGbj
As you can see for yourself with Loc-OS: Crypt Boot - LXDE - Shutdown completed in 13 seconds.....! Yet Slackware based Porteus claim fastest distributions on the face of the Earth. :lol: On a modern PC, it will boot into the 'lxde' desktop in less than 15 seconds! Guess Loc-OS doing it in 9 seconds must take away the title for fastest distro on Earth even on a decade old laptop. :shock:

Okay – I know poor old Porteus’s web page is probably 12 years out of date but…. http://www.porteus.org/
Anyone should now be able to grab this title AFAIK Loc-OS, or rather that Locos por Linux Uruguayan dude Nico, living in Brazil, makes no such claims.

So I will claim the title for now with my Loc-OS setup having removed just some excess baggage.
My AntiX-22 LXDE setup with even more excess baggage removed should be faster still when installed on same laptop…!

LQ - Linux Questions just banned me for this topic... ;)
Ziggi

Re: Speed Junkies: Loc-OS takes title away from Porteus

Post by Ziggi »

Hey Guys – LXDE enthusiasts and guests – I am surprised if not shocked that over 31,000 visited...
Linux Saves Planet Earth viewtopic.php?t=41751
I was about to say thanks to all but topic is now locked.
Thanks Guys – Planet Earth needs you even more now :)

Even more shocking is the 32,000 who have looked at this topic about Loc-OS Antix-Debian that uses LXDE desktop. Thanks Guys – I am humbled by your interest in my setup. World record....!
Having been banned by most forums including Antix & LQ for bringing this LXDE distro into the limelight it is most rewarding to have your support and interest. You may work out for yourselves why Antix would not like this distro?
LQ openly support Slackware and its sibling Porteus. Wishing to hide all traces of Loc-OS LXDE such that last time I checked searching for Loc-OS delivers zero results.
Loc-OS has continued with a 23 release which Mr AntIX; anticapitalista now approves…. How times change as do opportunities :)
viewtopic.php?t=42274

Footnote: The videos are genuine without any edits recorded with my Samsung NX-mini camera – you can see how the autofocus struggles with a black screen having no contrast, regaining focus as the boot text appears. It was quite tricky to synchronise starting boot and filming at the same time. :?
I did think about refilming the video using manual focus but decided against as the video seems to have a likeable, amateurish, genuine quality. ;)
Thanks again to you Guys :D