Name (and width) of "Owner" column (in French) - or perhaps just translation, but where? - 2nd attempt

The dedicated forum for PCMan File Manager - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM
ludo0565

Name (and width) of "Owner" column (in French) - or perhaps just translation, but where? - 2nd attempt

Post by ludo0565 »

Hello everyone,

Two years later (viewtopic.php?t=39801), I'm back at it.

I now sport : PCManFM 1.3.2, on Debian 11 Bullseye, locale is French.

In the French version of pcmanfm the column called (I suppose) "Owner only" gives me two problems:
1) the French translation is far too long : "Seulement le propriétaire";
2) the column takes too much space, and it cannot be reduced the way I wish
I understand this is normal behavior, such that the reduction is not allowed to conceal the name of the column.

If only I knew how and where to alter the French translation to read simply : "Propriétaire", I guess that would already probably solve both my problems.

I already filed, back then, a bug on SourceForge - to no avail (no reaction there) - all the same, I updated it.

Thanks a lot to all of you !

Ludo
Ziggi

Re: Name (and width) of "Owner" column (in French) - or perhaps just translation, but where? - 2nd attempt

Post by Ziggi »

Hi Ludo, welcome back

This OAP pensioner just searched root for ‘owner’ which gave 14 results
Perhaps you could search user or root for seulement or seulement* ?
The words within "Seulement le propriétaire" must exist somewhere downstream from the user folder?
As to how to modify the configuration file – I don’t know :(
I know very little but would make a safe copy first and store it on my desktop and a USB. ;)

Hope this helps a little – good luck :) from UK

Bonjour Ludo, bon retour parmi nous

Ce retraité OAP vient de rechercher root pour 'owner', ce qui a donné 14 résultats.
Peut-être pourriez-vous rechercher utilisateur ou racine pour seulement ou seulement* ?
Les mots dans "Seulement le propriétaire" doivent exister quelque part en aval du dossier de l'utilisateur ?
Pour ce qui est de la modification du fichier de configuration, je ne sais pas :(
Je ne sais pas grand chose, mais je ferais d'abord une copie sûre et je la stockerais sur mon bureau et sur une clé USB.

J'espère que cela vous aidera un peu - bonne chance

Traduit avec DeepL.com (version gratuite)