sugest two types of plugins like that from xfce

Questions concerning LXDE themes, interface design, posters, logos and images. If you would like to help with design related tasks of LXDE, please join the Design Project and subscribe to the design mailing list.
daktras

sugest two types of plugins like that from xfce

Post by daktras »

i love lxde but these two things that sound funny but are impartitve for what i am working on
the first plugin i suggest is to put an gnome applet into the lxdepanel the second is to have an iconified application list plugin for the panel if i had these two things id be able to ditch xfce that would be heaven if its doable great if not or wrong place to make this post please gently correct me and help me to get this to the eyes whom needs to see it thanks in advance
maces

Re: sugest two types of plugins like that from xfce

Post by maces »

Hi

For future requests, please read this. This way you can make sure your ideas not get lost.

maces
Marty Jack

Re: sugest two types of plugins like that from xfce

Post by Marty Jack »

I do not expect that there will ever be a way to run Gnome applets with LXPanel. The reasons for this have been discussed; they have to do with supporting the private, undocumented, subject to change at any moment communication mechanism between the Gnome panel and its applets. If Xfce wishes to take on this burden, fine, good luck to them.

It would be helpful if you would list the additional applets that you would like to have and then the feature can be provided some other way. We already know about Weather, thank you.

I have running in the development code a task applet that only displays a button that brings up a menu of the tasks, rather than displaying them in a bar. Unlike Gnome (and I am not sure how Xfce does this) it can be switched back and forth; it is not a separate applet.