LXTerminal ignores bgcolor in lxterminal.conf

LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXTerminal
grey271

LXTerminal ignores bgcolor in lxterminal.conf

Post by grey271 »

LXTerminal background is always black.
Setting the background color directly in ~/.config/lxterminal/lxterminal.conf has no effect.
Setting the background color via Edit->Preferences will update lxterminal.conf, but the background will stay black.

This happens with version 0.1.7. Version 0.1.6. is fine.
Marty Jack

Re: LXTerminal ignores bgcolor in lxterminal.conf

Post by Marty Jack »

I have tried everything I can think of to reproduce this, and it seems to work perfectly on my system.
Double check that you don't have the opacity turned all the way to transparent.
What window manager is this with.
grey271

Post by grey271 »

That was interesting. The problem is definitely related to transparency. If the background is set to fully opaque, or if the window manager doesn't support transparency (no wm, twm), it works.
Everything (inlcuding with transparency) works on kwin.
The problem shows up on fluxbox and openbox. There, the window is transparent, but the background color of the transparency is black. So a light-blue window with 90% opacity would appear black unless you look very closely.
Almost full transparency is also fine, because there the background color doesn't matter.
yk1000

Post by yk1000 »

Will there be an option in the future to change the text colors for the highlighted text (i.e. other than the foreground and background),
such as via loading color schemes or selecting the colors? I can get 256 colors in vim by setting t_Co, so LXTerminal must have 256-color support
like most other VTE-based terminal emulators. I know it's not a major issue, but it would be great to get it to better suit my vim color scheme.