Change taskbar appearance?

The standard theme switcher of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXAppearance
Lupuss

Change taskbar appearance?

Post by Lupuss »

Hi everyone.

I'd like to know if there's any way to change the taskbar appearance to match the selected theme. I haven't seen that option anywhere though.

Thanks
Marty Jack

Re: Change taskbar appearance?

Post by Marty Jack »

Right click on the panel and select Panel Settings and/or Task Bar settings and you will find some customization options, one of which is to follow the GTK theme.
Lupuss

Post by Lupuss »

Thank you for your answer, sadly I can't seem to find this option (in LXPanel 0.5.5). If I go to Panel Settings => Appearance, I can chose an image for the taskbar (like make it transparent) but I don't have an option to follow the current theme (and indeed it doesn't).

I'm running Debian squeeze, although I don't think it's relevant here.
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

Right click panel, Panel Settings / Appearance / System Theme, uncheck Custom Color
Right click taskbar plugin in an empty space , Task Bar Settings (or navigate there from Panel Settings / Panel Applets / select Taskbar / Edit) / uncheck Flat buttons

This should get you a panel that completely follows the system theme.
Lupuss

Post by Lupuss »

Here's what I've got:
Right-clicked on the task bar, selected Panel Settings.

In the Panel Preferences windows, I went to the Appearance tab.
I've selected 'System theme' under "Background" and I've unchecked 'Custom color' under "Font"

Then onto the Panel Applets tab, I clicked on Task Bar then the Edit button, which launched a "Task Bar (Windows List)" window.
'Show tooltips' and 'Flash when... ' are checked, 'Icons only', 'Flat buttons', Combine multiple...' are unchecked.

Now the task bar is a kind of white, but it never changes with the current theme. Could it be themes selected in the Openbox Conf. Manager can't change the task bar appearance?

Sorry if I'm being dense here...
Marty Jack

Post by Marty Jack »

I have no idea what the Openbox Configuration Manager controls (maybe it is the window decorations) but it is the GTK theme selected in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 that the panel follows. The last time I tested this it worked. Mine says gtk-theme-name="Raleigh"
Lupuss

Post by Lupuss »

I got confused, there are two types of themes :
- Themes available in the Openbox Conf. Manager, they basically change the windows' upper bar.
- Window themes available in the Appearance Settings, they're the one you can match the task bar with.

I guess getting the task bar to match the Openbox theme isn't readily feasible.