lxappearance won't change the theme

The standard theme switcher of LXDE - http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXAppearance
Kenjiro

lxappearance won't change the theme

Post by Kenjiro »

Hello there.

I am really new to lxde. This last weekend I download the sources (lxde stuff and dependencies), compiled, packaged and installed on my Slackware box. LXDE runs nicely and fast (but that's no news for you right :twisted: ).

But then when I try to change the theme, using lxappearance, nothing happens. There are lots of themes to be chosen, none seem to work. I tried to change the icons, same result.

Any hints?

Specs (need more info?):
Slackware64-current (on my desktop) and Slackware-current (on my netbook)
gcc-4.5.1
Kenjiro

Re: lxappearance won't change the theme

Post by Kenjiro »

Please, disregard this post. Problem is already solved.

It was my fault, of course, for using lxappearance-0.2. I installed lxappearance-0.5.0 and my netbook is now FAST and BEAUTIFUL ;)

Set the theme to Xfce-cadmium and the icons to oxygen. PERFECT
Craig_DT

Post by Craig_DT »

I have the same problem: except I can't solve mine!!

I'm using lxappearance to set gtk2 themes in openbox, with my new frugalware install. The first version of lxappearance I installed was 4.0. it did not work, so after trawling a few threads, and trying a few things I decided that upgrading to the latest version would be the best method! So now, running 5.0.0-1 I still can not change my gtk or icon themes (preview works but it does not apply). Also lxappearance is writing correct .gtkrc-2.0 file in ~/ but they aren't implemented.

Is it a bug? Could something else be messing with it?

please help, this is driving me insane!
Irene

Post by Irene »

Hi all, i'm new on the forum. I have an eeepc in which i have installed lubuntu 10.10, and i use the openbox session of lubuntu. I have the same problem and not resolved. I run on the terminal lxappearence and i had this error:

irene@irene-1005PE:~$ lxappearance

(lxappearance:1490): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(lxappearance:1490): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

and then the window of lxappearence opened, but with the same problem, the theme doens't change.
Someone could help me?

Sorry for my english, but i'm not mother tonuge, i'm italian.

thanks
irene
Achit

Post by Achit »

I am new to this forum but I found out some problems posted here which is the same to what I've encounter now. But since you have posted already the problem I'll wait for other's response.

For website tips about seo company with a free seo