Fedora LXDE and external sound card

Problems with hardware & laptops not being detected or supported during or after install.
Saulevas

Fedora LXDE and external sound card

Post by Saulevas »

Hello everyone

I'm having this issue that keeps bothering me: I decided to go with Fedora LXDE as this happened to be the only version that correctly identified my external USB sound card which is (what a surprise) a Tascam US-122L (yes, I know there has been many discussion about Linux and US-122L on the web and I can assure you I've read the all). Or at least I thought it would support it... The thing is that I did try all Fedora 14 desktops as Live-Cd's before choosing the one that would satisfy my needs. Gnome (booted as live cd) didn't recognize my Tascam, neither did KDE, but with LXDE it was different - it had no problems recognizing the Tascam US-122L as USB card (that could be seen in gmixer) instantly. Although I did get the error saying that there has been an error gmixer right after startup I still decided to instal Fedora LXDE. I thought that the fact that it recognizes my USB sound card is a really good start, and now I'll just install it to my hard drive and fix the "gmixer error" issue. So I did install it.....and what do you think.....there were no sign of Tascam US-122L in gmixer.... I mean it was there when I was running Live CD and now after installing Os it's no longer there... How come this is happening?? How is it even possible....? :?:
I'm confused.... :?
Marty Jack

Re: Fedora LXDE and external sound card

Post by Marty Jack »

Questions that relate to a distro should be posed to the distro. Ask Fedora.