[SOLVED] Mouse (double clicking) problem

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
KK_dude

[SOLVED] Mouse (double clicking) problem

Post by KK_dude »

Hi there,

I'm looking to get help with my mouse problem. I'm running LXDE on Mandriva 2009. Two annoying things happen to me very often:

1) when clicking a minimized icon of an open application on a panel, the application doesn't resopnd. For example: I'm running a Firefox, Thunderbird and PCman. Let's say, I'm looking at an active window of Firefox and want to switch to PCman. When I click its icon on the panel the application doesn't respod. To switch I need to use a short cut Alt+Tab.

2) one left click acts as a double-click. So, if I click a file to, say, mark it, it clicks twice and opens the file up in a default program.

I'm looking forward to any advice. Thanks.
Last edited by KK_dude on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KK_dude

Re: Mouse (double clicking) problem

Post by KK_dude »

This is the second time I have posted a question on this forum and received zero response. In my case the problem is so annoying that getting no help here, I'm going back to my previous Desktop Environment. It's so disappointing.
archibald haddock

Post by archibald haddock »

No one here must answer any questings. And this is an extremly low-traffic forum, so what do you expect?
BTW:
1: In regarding too 2, I would say, you should regen your lxde config files
2: Where? More precise-> easier to help You choosed this in some configuration, cause it is not default, afair you can change it in pcmanfm options, if you choosed him to control your desktop.
edward

Post by edward »

I find the traffic here to be more active than at another desktop-specific forum I occasionally post to.

I tried to duplicate this problem and could not. Here, LXDE is working perfectly. The original poster may want to go into the Mandriva Control Center, select Hardware and make sure the mouse configuration is correct.
Debian Sid - LXDE
KK_dude

Post by KK_dude »

Archibald Haddock - I realize it's not a commercial support website where the wendor is required to solve users' problems. However, your comment is highly inappropriate and ill-mannered. The LXDE wbsite says thaty they are "looking forward to keeping in touch with [users]" on all levels. This, I assume, includes non-developers or experts as well.

As for the second part of your post, even though it's too criptic for me, thank you for it.

Edward, thank you for the suggestion.
edward

Post by edward »

Glad to help out, if I can.

If the mouse settings in the MCC are correct, then there is the possibility that the mouse itself may be defective. I can't even begin to think of how many computer mice I've gone through over the years, because they wear out, buttons malfunction, the mouse pointer goes all over the screen, etc.
Debian Sid - LXDE
archibald haddock

Post by archibald haddock »

Error 1 can be a code bug or a bug in some configuration files. Because error 2 is the other option of a toggle, where by default the other option(double-click) is choosen, I thought, it could be an error in some configuration file, so I think you should regenerate your configurations files. Stop the lxde session, delete the files from a Virtual Terminal or another XSession and start lxde again.

And where exactly appear the unwanted 1 one clicks? Only in pcmanfm + desktop icons or any other programms?
KK_dude

Post by KK_dude »

Edward, you hit it on the head. It was the mouse that was causing problems. I'd have never thought to check it, as the mouse was almost new. I found out it was busted by plugging it in to the second computer, where it was double clicking as well. A spare mouse I had (an old piece of crap, I thougt) works pefrectly though.

Thanks everyone for helping me out.

Archibald Haddock, it wasn't a bug after all. Thanks for your time anyhow.