Apps on one monitor always visible on all desktops?

Please post all general support questions for LXDE here.
BackSeat

Apps on one monitor always visible on all desktops?

Post by BackSeat »

I have a perhaps slightly odd request. I run a two-monitor setup with seven virtual desktops. I tend to use the left hand monitor as my working environment (one desktop for mail, one for web, one shell session, etc etc), and put the reference material I need on the right hand monitor (which may be a single email or a web page or similar). What I would like to be able to do is have any application that is on the right-hand monitor automatically be visible on all virtual desktops. Yes, I can do that with a couple of extra clicks, but it would be nice (some would say "lazy") to be able to drag an email from the email desktop left-hand monitor to the right hand monitor, switch the LH monitor to the web desktop and still see the email on the right.

Even now when I describe what I would like to achieve, it sounds almost perverse. But really, I do want this! Is LXDE able to do this? Is ANY WM able to do this?
archibald haddock

Re: Apps on one monitor always visible on all desktops?

Post by archibald haddock »

So shorter, you need to only rotate virtual desktops on the screen, you are on at the moment.
So you could rotate on the left monitor and right stands still?

I think compiz provided a toggle for that behaviour, but I dont now a way configure LXDE to do say.
But I think you should read Openbox manuals, because Openbox is managing virtual desktops.